Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello, forty something...

On this, the eve of my 41st birthday, I sit here with a smile on my face. I'm surprised at this. I was, after all, miserable all day long.

Why? I seemed to be taking this harder than when I turned 40. Turns out... that shit was a breeze!

I thought maybe it was because I am a getting older. But then I realized I am just getting better.

I thought that maybe it was because I have never been married nor have I given birth to a child. But then I noticed how free I am.

I thought that maybe it was because I do not have much more than I did last year at this time. But then I remembered everything I have accomplished.

I wrote 6 books. 4 of which I published and sold! I travelled to NYC, LA, Vegas, Nashville, Austin, Silverthorn CO, and Steamboat Springs. I worked my fucking ass off and got a promotion!

I gave love. I received love. I found out that I mattered to people. I found out that someone admires me. I lost 46 pounds! I started this blog. I planted flowers that bloomed all season.

I made new friends & reconnected with old ones. I laughed so hard I cried. I made others laugh too! I biked in Vail, Colorado. I hiked in the mountains with some of my favorite people in the entire world.

I explored myself and became a better person. I gave to charity. I forgave. I was forgiven. I smiled at strangers and helped the helpless.

So you see... I have no reason to be sad. Not one single reason.

I'm ready now.. Ready to embrace my day tomorrow.

Hello, forty-something! HELLO!

No comments:

Post a Comment