Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Who's to say?


Who’s to say…

 
that I can’t be loud?
draw a crowd
‘cuz I’m proud
‘cuz I stand on my own 
or that I’m accident prone
things happen for reasons
so I change with the seasons.

 

Who’s to say…

 
That I haven’t won
by being on the run
or having a ton
of fun 
happy years-they last
they’re not all in the past
more to come
even when I come undone
bouncing back
is only the 2nd act
in this play
and on this stage.

 

Who’s to say…

 
I can’t be bitter 
but see, I ain’t a quitter 
I’m pushin’ on-followin’ my heart
ending one thing-to start
something new-a new part
building my castle
without any hassles.

 

So, who’s to say…

 
I don’t have everything I desire?
that I’m fire
repellent-there’s nothing to burn
except my ass till I take my turn?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment