Sunday, March 17, 2019

You Could...

After you left I asked you to look back
& see that maybe, just maybe...
you over-reacted
You actually said yes
but that there was "nothing you could do about it"

Well here's what you "could have done"...

You could have apologized
after you realized
that we could have worked it out

You could have looked me in the eyes
You could have admitted the truth
the truth that you let someone come between us

You could have been honest
You could have meant what you always said
You could have taken the time to process your thoughts

You could have loved me the way that I deserve
You could have seen the depths of my love
You could have treasured every moment
You could have made time
You could have chased your dreams, with me
You could have been open
You could have been fearless
You could have been a leader
You could have committed
You could have embraced change

You could have stayed

Am I going to hear from you in the future like I have the others?
In 6 weeks are you going to call?
In 3 months are you going to write?
In 15 years are you going to try to make it right?

You could... 

No comments:

Post a Comment